[CentOS] Vhost.conf file and info. re: partitions and physical drives

Thu Mar 14 18:46:46 UTC 2013
Bruce Whealton <bruce at futurewaveonline.com>

I had to go to /home/www/futurewavewebdevelopment.com/logs
and in the error log, it just says that access is forbidden. I changed the
permissions and ownership to apache:apache which is what was working before.
If I remove that, I can get to the default page at /var/html/www and it
displays my new test page and the php.
Then I tried to have the vhost.conf file point to a directory underneath
where the default location is in the /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file - that
is
/var/www/html
So, I changed the /home below to be /var and I created the respective
directories, such as /var/www/futurewavewebdevelopment.com/public_html which
is what I used in the /etc/httpd/conf.d/vhost.conf file.
Now, the server won't restart.
Maybe I need to put the errors into a pastbin and see if that helps.
What I see does not help.
Any ideas,
Bruce

> thanks in advance for help.  I'll post the vhost.conf file that caused
> the server to not start.
>
> NameVirtualHost *:80
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>      ServerAdmin webmaster at fwwebdev.dnsdynamic.com
>      ServerName fwwebdev.dnsdynamic.com
>      ServerAlias www.fwwebdev.dnsdynamic.com
>      DocumentRoot /home/www/fwwebdev.dnsdynamic.com/public_html/
>      ErrorLog /home/www/fwwebdev.dnsdynamic.com/logs/error.log
>      CustomLog /home/www/fwwebdev.dnsdynamic.com/logs/access.log
> combined </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>      ServerAdmin webmaster at futurewavewebdevelopment.com
>      ServerName futurewavewebdevelopment.com
>      ServerAlias www.futurewavewebdevelopment.com
>      DocumentRoot /home/www/futurewavewebdevelopment.com/public_html/
>      ErrorLog /home/www/futurewavewebdevelopment.com/logs/error.log
>      CustomLog /home/www/futurewavewebdevelopment.com/logs/access.log
> combined
> </VirtualHost>
>

> Bruce

> Bruce Whealton - Web Design/Development/Programming Future Wave Web
> Development:
> http://futurewaveonline.com
> Developing for the Desktop as well as for Mobile Devices -
> Smartphones/Tablets Call 919-636-5809

Mike
//  SilverTip257  //