[CentOS] OT: A lightweight monitor software

Fri Mar 15 08:17:57 UTC 2013
Mihamina Rakotomandimby <mihamina at rktmb.org>

On 2013-03-15 11:11, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 3/15/2013 12:56 AM, C. L. Martinez wrote:
>>> Oops sorry ... I wanted to say "too big" ... Munin would be a good option ...
>
> well,without any personal experience, what I heard about Munin was that
> it was quite easy to setup, and did a lot for you, but it was not 'light
> weight' by any stretch.

I use Munin.

If you intend to monitor many hosts, that will lead to tons of charts to
draw periodically.
This is very I/O consuming, and you have to make sure you have enough
for that, or spend some time to reconfigure the nodes to reduce
monitored resources.

Munin is easy to setup because it has configuration suggestions: it
might monitor ressources that are useless for you.

--
RMA.