[CentOS] Newer version of ftdi_sio

Wed Mar 20 23:51:29 UTC 2013
Stephen Harris <lists at spuddy.org>

I have just bought an FTDI USB UART

   New USB device found, idVendor=0403, idProduct=6015
   New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
   Product: FT231X USB UART
   Manufacturer: FTDI

However this appears to be slightly too new for the ftdi_sio driver in
C6.4; it's not detected.

If I force it
  modprobe ftdi_sio vendor=0x0403 product=0x6015

then it gets detected as a FT232RL which is _close_... but doesn't seem
to quite work.  If I use "kermit -l /dev/ttyUSB0 -C 'transmit foo,quit'"
then I get "Timeout" errors from kermit.  If I plug the same adapter into
a Ubuntu 12.10 instance it detects as FT-X and the same kermit command works
correctly.

So I guess I need a newer ftdi_sio driver; has anyone built such, or have
instructions?

--

rgds
Stephen