[CentOS] Ctrl-Alt-F? bindings broken under xen 3.0.3-142.el5_9.1 / 2.6.18-348.1.1.el5xen?

Thu Mar 21 13:52:20 UTC 2013
Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com>

OK, some more information:

I rebooted to a non-xen kernel (2.6.18-348.1.1.el5), and the problem
remains, so it is not xen or a xen kernel issue.  The machine has an AMD
64-bit processor (AMD Sempron(tm) Processor LE-1300), if that makes any
difference.  I have a LD450 keyboard (DEC VT220 flavored ps2 keyboard).
The keyboard does work: the X server properly intercepts Ctrl-Alt-Fn and
does a proper chvt call.  The *kernel* itself is not handling
Ctrl-Alt-Fn.  (It is handling Ctrl-Alt-Delete, but I suspect that is
something completely different.)

My 32-bit laptop, running kernel 2.6.18-348.1.1.el5 is working just fine
-- the kernel there is properly handling Ctrl-Alt-Fn and switches
between consoles without problems.

Oh, both machines boot to runlevel 3 and I use startx to fire up X (I
loath graphical logins).

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933 / heller at deepsoft.com