[CentOS] "Can't find root device" with lvm root after moving drive on CentOS 6.3

Sun Mar 24 00:55:02 UTC 2013
Joakim Ziegler <joakim at terminalmx.com>

Grub (in the menu) has the following commands:

root (hd0,1)

kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64 ro
root=/dev/mapper/vg_resolve02-lv_root rd_NO_LUKS LANG=en.US.UTF-8
rd_NO_MD crashkernel=128M rd_LVM_LV=vg_resolve02/lv_root
SYSFONT=latarcyrheb-sun16 KEYBOARDTYPE=pc KEYTABLE=us rd_NO_DM rhgb
quiet pcie_aspm=off

When I successfully booted manually, I removed "rhgb quiet" and added
"rdshell" to that line.

To the best of my memory, that line is stock, I don't recall ever
changing it permanently.

The names of the volume group and logical volume in that line correspond
to my actual root device.

--
Joakim Ziegler  -  Supervisor de postproducción  -  Terminal
joakim at terminalmx.com   -   044 55 2971 8514   -   5264 0864