[CentOS] Touchpad doesn't work with C6, kernel-related...

Sun Mar 24 14:34:15 UTC 2013
Nux! <nux at li.nux.ro>

On 24.03.2013 14:29, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> The mainline kernel works beautifully, thanks! :-)
>
> Now the only question is how does it coexist with the regular kernels?
> More precisely, when I do a "yum update", and there are new kernels
> available in the update, how will they be ordered
> in /boot/grub/grub.conf, and which one will be the default on a
> subsequent boot?
>
> I have enabled the elrepo-kernel repository, so both types of kernels
> will get updates. However, I want to boot only from the mainline
> kernels, never from the regular ones. How should I configure grub
> and/or yum, to make this stick?

Hello Marko,

The 2 kernels will coexist peacefully. If you modify
/boot/grub/menu.lst to boot the elrepo kernel-ml it will remember to
boot the same kernel next time, after an update.

HTH

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro