[CentOS] Computer doesn't boot with new 6.4 kernel

Thu Mar 28 07:42:14 UTC 2013
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 12:22 AM, Markus Lindholm
<markus.lindholm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yesterday a upgraded a machine that I have from Centos 6.3 to 6.4, but
> it doesn't boot with the new kernel (2.6.32-358). Right after grub the
> screen shows a distorted image, a bit like war of the ants but static,
> and nothing more happens. With the old kernel (2.6.32-279) it boots
> fine. The motherboard is a Asus E45M1-M Pro. There's no separate
> graphics card, but I use the one on the motherboard, a AMD Radeon HD
> 6320. Should I file bug report or is there something else to try?
>
> /Markus

What graphics driver are you using? It may not be compatible with the
version of Xorg in 6.4. This ELRepo page has some info on the
proprietary AMD driver:

http://elrepo.org/tiki/kmod-fglrx

(see the 'Issues on EL6.4' section)

Akemi