[CentOS] CentOS 6.4 in the making perhaps?

Fri Mar 1 15:20:07 UTC 2013
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 03/01/2013 06:49 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:

>> Hey! We need an exact date!! ;-)
>>
>> Nah, just kidding. It will be released when ready, right. I can wait.
> I have two servers running CentOS-6.3.
> On one of them I had (inadvertently) enabled the CentOS-CR repository.
> I noticed that there were a huge number of updates (over 400 packages)
> from this repository yesterday.
>
> I'm wondering if I disabled it now, would that cause confusion
> with subsequence updates?

No, if you turn CR off you should be OK ... I doubt that we will add any
updates to the 6.3 tree except CR from now until the 6.4 release ... but
I would recommend you leave it on if you already got the updates. (see
below)

> I'm also wondering if I leave it enabled,
> is the danger that the system will stop running negligible?
> (The machine is in another country, so surgery would be difficult!)

There is very little chance it will completely break ... though with any
new point release you need to test your machine.

This is basically 6.4 and it is going to be released in its entirety in
less than a week to the main channel anyway.

If you already updated the current packages with CR, I would leave CR
enabled as I just pushed some more security updates there (to CR) this
morning and will continue to do so until we release officially release 6.4.