[CentOS] installaing CentOS 6.3

Sun Mar 3 01:14:58 UTC 2013
SilverTip257 <silvertip257 at gmail.com>

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Daniel Robinson
<dgrobinson at dgrobinson.com>wrote:

> I have a question about which ISO to use to install CentOS 6.3.  I have
> installed it before from a USB stick, and when I did, I got a installation
> package selection menu.  I overwrote that USB with something else, and I
> work out which ISO is the with that configuration option.

I generally PXE boot my servers and my desired packages are listed in
kickstart configuration files.  If you have locally mirrored the CentOS
mirror then PXE booting and pointing your servers at your mirror is a
no-brainer.

Even if you've not locally mirrored CentOS packages, I still think you
would do well with the netinstall ISO.  Small image and _only_ the packages
(or package groups ) you select are downloaded (versus larger CD or DVD ISO
images).

> When I installed it before, I had the opportunity to select from among the
> options listed here.
>
> http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/20379/centos-6-default-installation-options
>
> Yes, I know that I can just use yum to get the things I want, but I would
> like to set up a USB stick like the one I had before that can be used for
> multiple installations.

What was it that you had before?  Details.
Maybe you copied the ISO contents to your USB drive and made it bootable
with syslinux?

> One thing that changed is that when I installed it before, I set it up on a
> 350 GB partition, and I have it now on a 100 GB partition.  I don't know if
> the install script is looking at partition size to decide the options
> available.  I would think not.

You can configure partition layouts in kickstart configs ... did you do
this with your former bootable USB drive?