[CentOS] Tomcat query from complete newbie

Sun Mar 3 20:05:00 UTC 2013
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 3/2/2013 7:45 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> As I understand it, tomcat can either be run "standalone"
> or "behind apache".
> I am running httpd on the server, so either method should be available.
> It seems that the standalone option is simpler,
> so I would probably prefer that.

the main reason to run 'behind apache' is so static content can be
delivered by apache which is more efficient at that, and only dynamic
content is pushed through Tomcat.

If you're just providing 'webapp' APIs, there's no reason to not run it
directly.