[CentOS] New java update?

Tue Mar 5 20:38:08 UTC 2013
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 2:29 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

> What do you mean M$ employees? I've never worked for M$, have stayed away
> from WinDoze for many years, and I *loathe* java, which failed in
> everything it was sold on the basis of being able to solve in the
> mid-nineties....

Errr, beg your pardon?   There are some fantastic things written in
java -  jenkins is one that would clearly be difficult to do in any
other language.  And android's dalvik is a conceptual if not literal
offspring.   The thing I don't understand is why there isn't a dalvik
VM for other OS's so android apk's could run everywhere without
something silly like bluestacks.

--
  Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com