[CentOS] fencing nodes with drac under 5.9

Tue Mar 5 23:31:20 UTC 2013
Adam Wead <amsterdamos at gmail.com>

Thanks for the response.  I just discovered the problem about 30' ago.
 post_join_delay was set to the default of 3, meaning that it was only
waiting 3 seconds for the node to join before fencing it.  Silly.  After
changing that to 300 seconds, it worked fine.

The config was this way with 5.8 and prior so why it wasn't an issue then,
who can say.

I also changed the fencing agent to fence_ipmilan, and configured the user
on the DRAC card to be an "administrator" for IMPI.

If it's any help to anyone, I've posted the working cluster.conf file.  You
can also test your fencing for each drac:

fence_ipmilan -a [drac IP] -l [drac user] -p [password for drac user] -o
status

...adam

Adam Wead
Systems and Digital Collections Librarian
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum
216.515.1960 (t)
215.515.1964 (f)