[CentOS] Centos 6.3 - unsupported video hardware

Wed Mar 6 19:51:14 UTC 2013
Craig White <craig.white at ttiltd.com>

On Mar 6, 2013, at 12:24 PM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> I pulled one of my old OQO model 2 out of the junk bin and installed
> Centos 6.3 over Centos 5.3.
>
> The internal video does not work in graphics mode (text works fine),
> though a monitor attacked to the VGA port works fine.  Although my
> intension is to use this as a portable test server, it would be nice if
> the video was available.  How might I go about figuring out the Xorg
> magic to get it working?
----
I would recommend that you start by disabling the old xorg.conf and see if it can dynamically generate a working configuration.

sudo mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf-disabled

and then restart

Craig