[CentOS] Lockups with kernel-2.6.32-358.0.1.el6.i686

Fri Mar 8 15:38:43 UTC 2013
Kwan Lowe <kwan.lowe at gmail.com>

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 8:51 PM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:

> I have 2 of these motherboards (ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0) that I am using in
> CentOS development and testing.  I am not seeing this issue .. I have
> "M5A99X EVO R2.0 BIOS 1503" dated "2013/01/31  update".
>
> Do you have the latest BIOS?

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, latest BIOS installed. I have 2 of these also with similar
configurations except for the NIC. One works perfectly the other has
constant freezes. The working one has a slightly older BIOS so I'm
thinking of downgrading the giltchy one.

As far as logging goes, any idea what sort of failures could cause
such a lockup? I.e., if memory was failing, would the system still be
able to log? As the mouse is frozen and kernel sysrq has no effect,
I'm still leaning towards hardware but literally everything except the
case has been swapped out. (Well.. let me qualify that.. Everything
but the 64GB SSD drive has been swapped but it seemed unlikely that a
drive failure could cause such a lockup. Incorrect assumption?)