[CentOS] yum update gone wild? - new base?

Mon Mar 11 03:00:15 UTC 2013

On 03/10/2013 09:59 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 11.03.2013 02:30, schrieb Robert Moskowitz:
>> I am being hit on a number of my systems with yum update reporting 270+
>> rpms to update, and MOST are coming from the base repo.  I checked a few
>> out, and yes, they are of a higher release.
>>
>> I don't recall ever seeing the base repo change; it is almost like it is
>> picking up the the 6.4 base repo instead
> maybe you should read this list not only post
> and understand how CentOS works
>
> 6.4 is out - so why do you imagine you stay on 6.3?

Just panicsville.   I am trying to pack up to fly to meetings tomorrow,
and saw this big update.  It has been too long since I was serious with
Centos, and forgot that dot releases are major changes to the life of
your server.  No way to bite off small bits.

So I will download the full current repos to my server over the week
way, then apply them after I get back.

Just a case of bad timing on my part, resulting in an unnecessary panic.

Sorry all.