[CentOS] /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-xxx for CHAP PPPoE

Mon Mar 11 05:20:05 UTC 2013

On 03/11/2013 01:05 AM, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I get a Cisco 1841 router, connecting the office through a CHAP PPPoE link:
> [...]
> interface Dialer1
>    ip address negotiated
>    ip mtu 1492
>    ip nat outside
>    ip virtual-reassembly
>    encapsulation ppp
>    ip tcp adjust-mss 1452
>    dialer pool 1
>    dialer-group 1
>    no cdp enable
>    ppp authentication chap callin
>    ppp chap hostname username at isp
>    ppp chap password 0 s0meStr0ngP4sswd
> [...]
>

> As a fallback solution, I would like to setup a CentOS Dual NIC 1U unit.
> I dont want to use NetworkManager, I'd rather use the bare interface
> configuration tools.
> I'm running CentOS 6.3
>

> I looked for the right way to configure the internface:
> - http://goo.gl/UaNBe: officiel doc, found no indication.
> - http://goo.gl/DQ5Gk: using rp-pppoe, is it the right way?
> - http://goo.gl/PTaes: seem to be right, but which package is it from?

I am sure someone has something more current, I think my old box was
running C5.3 or even earlier. I saved the control files off it and my
ifcfg-ppp0 was:

USERCTL=no
BOOTPROTO=dialup
NAME=DSLppp0
DEVICE=ppp0
TYPE=xDSL
ONBOOT=yes
PIDFILE=/var/run/pppoe-adsl.pid
FIREWALL=NONE
PING=.
PPPOE_TIMEOUT=80
LCP_FAILURE=3
LCP_INTERVAL=20
CLAMPMSS=1412
CONNECT_POLL=6
CONNECT_TIMEOUT=60
DEFROUTE=yes
SYNCHRONOUS=no
ETH=eth0
PROVIDER=DSLppp0
USER='me at isp.net'
PEERDNS=no
DEMAND=no
PERSIST=no
IPV6INIT=yes
PPPD_EXTRA="ipv6 ,"

There was also a ppp directory that had files: options, pap-secrets, and
chap-secrets

But like I said, old box.