[CentOS] CentOs 6.4 and video drivers

Tue Mar 12 17:34:02 UTC 2013
Trevor Cooper <tcooper at ucsd.edu>

On 03/11/2013 07:33 PM, Yves Bellefeuille wrote:
> On Monday 11 March 2013, Trevor Cooper <tcooper at ucsd.edu> wrote:
>
>> Any thoughts on whether it's sufficient to 'exclude=xorg*' prior to
>> updating from 6.3 to 6.4 to keep the X server compatible with AMD
>> 4xxx series card/driver? Will I be the first to try this?
> I can confirm that you can backtrack by enabling the proper vault
> repositories (and giving them the appropriate priorities), and then
> doing "yum remove xorg-x11-drv-modesetting", "yum downgrade xorg-x11*".

While I did not have xorg-x11-drv-modesetting installed (thus did not need to
remove it). I can confirm this was able to get my xorg-x11 downgraded. For the
less educated (myself included BEFORE this process) here is the command that I
used to downgrade my xorg-x11*...

    yum --enablerepo=C6.3-base --enablerepo=C6.3-updates downgrade xorg-x11*

Hope that helps others.

Trevor