[CentOS] Postfix setup

Wed Mar 13 10:43:52 UTC 2013

On 03/12/2013 11:24 PM, Austin Einter wrote:
> Dear All
> I am able to send receive mail properly with use of roundcube.
>
> Thanks a lot for all your support.
>
> The last thing I did was started dovecot service, then roundcuble was able
> to work properly.

Yes, with no IMAP server, your email client can't get to the mail :)

> Next, I will look into security aspect, spam filtering etc etc. Will start
> a new thread for that.

As I implied earlier, for anti-spam, I decided I did not like what I saw in:

http://campworld.net/thewiki/pmwiki.php/LinuxServersCentOS/Cent6VirtMailServer

And instead used:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Amavisd

A number of reasons that I forget now ;)

I did find a permission bug with the later that I have reported to the
EPEL bugtrack. It has not been fixed yet. If you go with the later, get
with me and I will look up exactly what I did for the workaround.