[CentOS] OT: A lightweight monitor software

Fri Mar 15 09:40:29 UTC 2013
Vlad K. <vlad at haronmedia.com>

On 03/15/2013 09:17 AM, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
> If you intend to monitor many hosts, that will lead to tons of charts to
> draw periodically.
> This is very I/O consuming, and you have to make sure you have enough
> for that, or spend some time to reconfigure the nodes to reduce
> monitored resources.

You can also use munin charts in "on-demand" cgi mode where the charts
are being drawn only when called for from the pregenerated HTML (which
can also be on-demand). This also enables chart zooming. You need to
configure your webserver to run few perl scripts via cgi.

http://munin-monitoring.org/wiki/CgiHowto

Otherwise munin-node is just a set of perl scripts and other than the
dependency list, really is lightweight.

--

.oO V Oo.

Work Hard,