[CentOS] OT: A lightweight monitor software

Fri Mar 15 12:46:51 UTC 2013
SilverTip257 <silvertip257 at gmail.com>

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 3:39 AM, C. L. Martinez <carlopmart at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>  I have a test lab installed over an ESXi 5.1 host that contains 5
> CentOS vm guests. I would like to monitor CPU, RAM and Network for
> these vm and ESXi host. Zabbix and Nagios are too to accomplish this

A relevant question here is whether you want monitoring in terms of alerts
or trend graphing?
This will help you narrow your software choices to what you need.

Some monitoring software such as Zenoss does both (alerting and trend
graphing) as do others.  My current monitoring is a combination of Nagios
(alerts) and Cacti (trend graphing).

> task. Does anyone know any lightweight openosurce soft to do this??

I'd be interested in other monitoring software you find and your impression
of whatever you choose to go with.