[CentOS] OT: A lightweight monitor software

Fri Mar 15 16:01:31 UTC 2013
Gordon Messmer <yinyang at eburg.com>

On 03/15/2013 12:39 AM, C. L. Martinez wrote:
>   I have a test lab installed over an ESXi 5.1 host that contains 5
> CentOS vm guests. I would like to monitor CPU, RAM and Network for
> these vm and ESXi host. Zabbix and Nagios are too to accomplish this
> task. Does anyone know any lightweight openosurce soft to do this??

In my experience (and, I think, logically), lightweight packages are
likely to require more labor to get the results that you want except for
the rare occasion when the author's goals and yours coincide.

Nagios is actually quite light weight.  I don't like it much, but I use
it extensively.  Getting things like simple graphs out of it is rather
difficult exactly because it is a light weight package.