[CentOS] (Al)pine on CentOS 6

Tue Mar 26 12:47:43 UTC 2013
Max Pyziur <pyz at brama.com>

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013, me at tdiehl.org wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Mar 2013, Max Pyziur wrote:
>

>> Greetings,
>>
>> The alpine mail rpm indicates that it comes packaged with configuration
>> files (/etc/pine*conf*). However, they aren't there.  Possible?
>>
>> Also, how did you get rid of the annoying alpine bug: a message that keeps
>> flashing - [Folder vulnerable - directory /var/spool/mail must have 1777
>> protection]?
>
> There is no alpine rpm in Centos 6. Where did you get that? Suggest you
> ask for help on the correct mailing.

I got it from @epel repositories:
Installed Packages
alpine.x86_64
2.03-2.el6
@epel

It seems fairly common in the Fedora/CentOS realm to rely on packages from
other key repositories. Rackspace recommends installing yum repo files for
CentOS.

As for (al)pine, it's an easier mail client (for me) than mutt.

On CentOS 5, installations of the alpine rpm included the /etc/*conf
files.

> Regards,

Max Pyziur
pyz at brama.com