[CentOS] "Can't find root device" with lvm root after moving drive on CentOS 6.3

Wed Mar 27 00:47:56 UTC 2013
Gordon Messmer <yinyang at eburg.com>

On 03/26/2013 01:52 PM, Joakim Ziegler wrote:
> I haven't actually renamed the root LVM volume, it's had the same name
> since install. I just moved some drives around on the SATA ports. Is it
> still worth recreating initrd?

I wouldn't expect it to make a difference, but it probably wouldn't hurt
anything.  Copy or rename your existing initrd to a path in /boot, so
that you can revert if anything goes wrong.  After that, create a new
one.  If that fixes the problem, I'd be curious to know why.  We can
compare the content of the two if that changes anything, and I'll learn
something.  As far as I know, the path to the devices isn't included in
the initrd.

# mkinitrd /boot/initramfs-$(uname -r).img $(uname -r)