[CentOS] Help with thread Centos 6.4 won't reboot on install

Fri Mar 29 11:41:33 UTC 2013
Robert Benjamin <benjie1 at cox.net>

On 3/28/2013 4:25 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Robert Benjamin <benjie1 at cox.net> wrote:
>>       Thought it was not a good idea to use yum remove .... but had to
>> try. In my head I could see you asking me to try it and I should have
>> TRIED something, not just sit here. Well, hopefully I can put those
>> packages back as you said, tomorrow. Will look for Fraesch book. Thanks
>> for the suggestion. Not sure if I'm at runlevel 5 .It's at whatever it
>> was set at during the install. Never changed any settings unless told
>> to. In the one login I only installed FF, TB, Calc Gimp etc from the
>> Applications menu .Entered email addys and bookmarks and logged out
>> thinking I'd be OK to get back in again. HA!
> Default install would be runlevel 5, at least if you include desktop
> components.   And your assumption that you would be able to log in
> again wasn't bad - you seem to have some very unusual issue that no
> one else has.

     Having an issue that no one else has makes me feel good in a way.
At least I didn't do something incredibly stupid ( that we know of
yet), and on the other hand, it isn't encouraging either. Will try and
add the packages I removed as you suggested and then  use rm /tmp/
.X0-lock and hope it lets me log in.                    Bob

          (At the center of a black hole is a man with a flashlight,
running around looking for a circuit breaker.)