[CentOS] failed exaile install

SilverTip257 silvertip257 at gmail.com
Sun May 5 02:06:11 UTC 2013

On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 7:59 PM, Steve <zephod at cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> Forgot to put the thread link in:
>
> https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=DESC&topic_id=32333&forum=56#threadtop

> ---- Steve <zephod at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> > I'm trying to install the exaile package on my newly upgraded CentOS 6.4
> machine.
> > It fails (see below) with missing dependencies on python-cddb and
> gnome-python2-gtkmozembed.
> >
> > I found this thread but there does not seem to be any resolution. \
> > Has anyone got this installed?
> > Am I missing a repo?

Did you try searching (with yum) for the unmet dependencies that prevented
you from installing exaile from the RPM Forge repo?
Maybe your system had a hiccup (network or otherwise) at that exact moment
or the mirror you were hitting wasn't fully synced so the deps were missing?

If RPM Forge doesn't provide those packages (they generally provide
packages for the dependencies), you need to find a repo that has the unmet
dependencies.

Otherwise report the problem to the RPM Forge maintainers as is hinted in
the CentOS forum thread you linked to.  They'll be able for sure.

--
Mike