[CentOS] Trying to justify CentOS vs. RHEL

Bidwell, Christopher

cbidwell at usgs.gov
Tue May 7 21:12:15 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I'm in the process of moving all of my RHEL systems over to CentOS but the
argument that fires back at me is for critical vulnerabilities for items
such as zero-day exploits and such.
>From what I've been reading, RHEL releases critical patches much quicker
than CentOS which makes sense since CentOS is simply a copy and when
changes occur they propagate down to the RHEL clones.  My question is what
kind of time frame are we looking at when a vulnerability (critical or
high) is announced and a patch has been released for RHEL does it get
implemented into CentOS?

Thanks!
Chris