[CentOS] Need a Centos 6 USB hard drive recovery procedure

Rock Rocksockdoc at gmail.com
Sat May 11 19:18:59 UTC 2013

On Sat, 11 May 2013 15:35:31 +0000, Rock wrote:

> Currently I'm at day 3, and almost done recovering the
> files; but the results (sadly, due to my error in the
> Recuva settings) are flatter than the plains of Kansas!

Just for the record, Recuva finished at 66 hours:
 http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/12907423/img/12907423.jpeg

It's odd that I'm having trouble finding a good tutorial
for Linux recovery of the master table of contents, since
it must be happening to others day in and day out.

Fundamentally, the procedure is to "dd" the disk and then
work off the backup but I don't want to make a mistake so
that's why an exact procedure is so critical to find.

It's expensive being a pioneer; yet I shouldn't have to be
a pioneer for this task, since it happens every day.

Will read everything written and try to find a tutorial.