[CentOS] Cannot get Centrino N 6200 wireless NIC to work Cento 6.4

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu May 16 17:01:19 UTC 2013

Selwyn Schultz Sr wrote:
> I installed Centos 6.4 on my laptop and neither of the network interfaces
> will work.  When I boot up to windows both the wired and the wireless
> network interfaces work.  I have attached dmesg output for the wireless
> card.  Reading through the messages it appears that OS cannot talk to the
> NIC.

First, have you tried googling Centos 6 centrino N 6200, as I just did?
And the very first hit was posted 11 Jan 2011, and one comment was:
The Intel Wireless WiFi Link 6200AGN and 6300AGN Adapters are supported by
the iwlagn driver in 5.5 and 5.6.

You will need the appropriate firmware installed, in this case
iwl6000-firmware available from elrepo.org: