[CentOS] 6.4 on old PC not connecting

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Mon May 20 18:46:05 UTC 2013

On Sun, 19 May 2013 18:36:57 +0000, Beartooth wrote:

	Oops! I spoke too soon. It's doing it again. I killed
NetworkManager again, no joy; yum remove NetworkManager, no joy.

	Service network start fumbles a while, and eventually gets

	RTNETLINK answers: File exists (and that then repeats nine times).

	I discovered eth0 missing, and created one (leaving the banks
empty, in hope it would find what it needed). No joy.

Remember I have precious (very precious!) little idea where up is.