[CentOS] Where did yum install monodevelop?

Yves S. Garret yoursurrogategod at gmail.com
Mon May 20 19:18:36 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 2:37 PM, Frank Cox <theatre at melvilletheatre.com>wrote:

> On Mon, 20 May 2013 14:23:51 -0400
> Yves S. Garret wrote:
>
> > And yes, I knew I was taking a risk.  To be honest, I wasn't sure what
> > to do next after hitting my head against the wall so much, hence such
> > drastic measure.
>
>  You may be asking the wrong question.
>
> What were/are you trying to accomplish (outside of just "install
> monodevelop", which I had never heard of before today)?
>
> Is your objective simply to install a good programmer's editor/IDE?  If
> so, for
> what programming language?  For example, perhaps something like vi,
> emacs, geany or eclipse would meet your needs, depending on what your
> needs actually are.
>
> Is your objective to do mono API programming using something like C#?   If
> so,
> is there any particular reason why you want to use that instead of some
> other
> programming language?
>
> If you tell us what you're really trying to do, perhaps we can give you a
> recommendation for what your best course of action would be.
>
> --
> MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Real D 3D Digital Cinema ~ www.melvilletheatre.com

I would like to do some coding in C#.  The problem that I was encountering
is
if your code is split up over several files (you have a factory class and a
widget
class and then, just for fun, a bird class) is getting all of the files to
include
correctly and link correctly.  I've tried monodevelop on my Mac, it did the
trick
and I wanted to do the same on my CentOS machine.