[CentOS] Force anaconda to use GPT labels on all drives?

Tucker junk at gmail.com
Tue May 21 00:25:07 UTC 2013

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org>wrote:

> On 05/14/2013 06:44 AM, Tucker wrote:
> > *Succinct Version*
> > Is there a way to, using updates.img, monkey patching or swapping in a
> > newer Anaconda (>= 16) to force all disks to have gpt labels and not just
> > disks> 2TB?
> >

> yes
>
> did you try setting  : X86._disklabel_types = ['gpt']

I have not, as I was unaware this was possible.  How/Where do I set that?
 I assume it's either a kernel option or something I put in %pre (is it a
literal in %per?)... ?  I found the method that checks that value but am
not currently familiar enough with the code involved to trace it back.

> also, worth noting that if you use EFI, its always going to be gpt

I've read a few things to that affect but we're currently not using EFI.
 I'm sure most (if not all) of our hardware is EFI capable but I don't know
enough about it right now and don't have the cycles to recertify all of our
processes again.  I will keep it in mind for the future though.

> --
> Karanbir Singh
> +44-207-0999389 | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh
> GnuPG Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc