[CentOS] Frustrated. Java on Centos 6 doesn't give an error message when downloading from a Samsung Galaxy S3

Rock Rocksockdoc at gmail.com
Fri May 24 18:47:23 UTC 2013

On Fri, 24 May 2013 13:45:59 +0200, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:

> I also have FSync set-up to daily backup all important files via SFTP.

I found out the following, if it matters:

QUOTE 1:
You can use tools like gphoto or digikam to access the images, should
be just plug the phone to the computer and start the application you
want to use (KDE will list applications which can access the content
like digikam and dolphin), you don't need to install anything as it's
already there.

There seems to be an experimental packages for S3 which allows you to
share it as a usb mass storage.
http://www.android.gs/how-to-enable-usb-mass-storage-on-samsung-galaxy-s3-i9300/

QUOTE 2:
There is nothing preventing you from downloading the latest version of
libmtp and installing that (under /usr/local) on your Centos system.
http://libmtp.sourceforge.NET/