[CentOS] Frustrated. Java on Centos 6 doesn't give an error message when downloading from a Samsung Galaxy S3

Rock Rocksockdoc at gmail.com
Mon May 27 19:00:27 UTC 2013

On Mon, 27 May 2013 19:27:28 +0200, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:

> You should have just used two commands:
> sudo yum remove vlc

I guess I should have done it this way?
$ sudo yum remove vlc
$ sudo yum remove rhythmbox

Or would you have left rhythmbox in place?

> and
> yum update <libmtp filename>
> Yum will always install/update local files and deal with missing
> dependencies.

Are you saying I should run that yum upate of libmtp with the
libmtp RPM in the same directory? If so, I can run that now.

> this segfault is most likely why you had empty directories.

Hmmm... good point. Thanks.
I don't even know what gvfs-gphoto2-vo is.
Looking for it, I find:
$ sudo updatedb; locate gvfs-gphoto2-vo
==> /usr/libexec/gvfs-gphoto2-volume-monitor

Hmmm... what is that?
Googling, it's some kind of Gnome filesystem monitor.
Grepping, it's running:
$ ps auxww|grep gvfs-gphoto2-volume-monitor|grep -v grep
==> user1 10465 0.1 0.0 151084 3356 ? S 11:23 0:01 /usr/libexec/gvfs-gphoto2-volume-monitor

> Here is part of the answer:
> On 05/24/2013 06:56 PM, Farkas Levente wrote:
>> gphoto package in rhel/centos is way too old. unfortunately gnome use
>> gvfs-gphoto2 libgphoto2 to handle automount both for mtp and ptp. so
>> you're not able to use it what's more it's better to remove gvfs-gphoto.
>> on the other hand if you rebuild: libmtp and simple-mtpfs from fedora,
>> them it'll work on rhel/centos-6 too.
> So you might try removing gvfs-gphoto2 and see if you get anywhere.

OK. I'll kill the process. Is that the same thing?
$ sudo kill -9 10465

Then, I'll unlock the phone & plug it in.
Hmmm.... when I did that, this series of dialogs came up, in sequence:
http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/13171084/img/13171084.png

But now it won't even open the directory. I'm sure we're close, but I'm
not sure how to debug why it won't open up.