[CentOS] Frustrated. Java on Centos 6 doesn't give an error message when downloading from a Samsung Galaxy S3

Rock Rocksockdoc at gmail.com
Fri May 31 18:34:09 UTC 2013

On Fri, 31 May 2013 16:57:32 +0000, Rock wrote:

> I'm not sure if there is a graceful way to disconnect;
> and, I'm not sure if I should leave the phone in PTP mode;

In summary, the solution to transferring files by wire from
the Samsung Galaxy S3 (and other Android 4.x phones) is to
switch the smartphone from MTP mode to PTP mode.

The key question left, is whether we should switch the
phone back to MTP mode when done; or if it's OK to just
leave Android phones in PTP mode forever.

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/13200920/img/13200920.gif