[CentOS] Trying to justify CentOS vs. RHEL

Tue May 7 21:12:15 UTC 2013
Bidwell, Christopher <cbidwell at usgs.gov>

Hi all,

I'm in the process of moving all of my RHEL systems over to CentOS but the
argument that fires back at me is for critical vulnerabilities for items
such as zero-day exploits and such.
>From what I've been reading, RHEL releases critical patches much quicker
than CentOS which makes sense since CentOS is simply a copy and when
changes occur they propagate down to the RHEL clones.  My question is what
kind of time frame are we looking at when a vulnerability (critical or
high) is announced and a patch has been released for RHEL does it get
implemented into CentOS?

Thanks!
Chris