[CentOS] CentOS 6 and PHP

Fri May 24 15:42:15 UTC 2013
Glenn Eychaner <geychaner at mac.com>

Still upgrading CentOS 5 to CentOS 6, and have run into the next issue:

When I install httpd and php, everything works great, and the default-test "<?php phpinfo(); ?>" works great.  The problem is that I have a bunch of old HTML that seems to use "<?" alone (or worse, "<!--?"), which worked in CentOS 5 but fails in CentOS 6.  I can change all the HTML, but is there an easier way?

Summary of previous issues:
	system-config-network-cmd leaving behind "ifcfg" files in network-scripts that it shouldn't: I still don't have an answer for this one; I work around it by naming all the scripts "ifcfg-ethX_<profile>" and cleaning any that don't match <profile> after running system-config-network-cmd.  I suspect it has to do with either the contents of /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistant-net.rules or the format of my ifcfg-ethX_* files, but haven't been able to resolve it.  Probably will leave it as "workaround works".
	UUIDs and boot drives: Didn't solve this one either, but again didn't try very hard because the recovery from a failed attempt is a royal pain. I decided that the actual UUIDs weren't important enough to me to matter, since I seldom boot with more than one workstation's drive connected at a time.  I will probably go back to labels, since I can change those (apparently) without rendering the system unbootable.

Thanks,
-G.
--
Glenn Eychaner (geychaner at lco.cl)
Telescope Systems Programmer, Las Campanas Observatory