[CentOS] ECC memory errors

Mon May 6 19:39:58 UTC 2013

John R Pierce wrote:
> On 5/6/2013 12:21 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>>> run it from hirens usb ?   that can boot to a winPE style environment.
>> Never heard of it. Just looked at it... winPE - is that the miniXP?
>>
>> And it bothers me that I've never heard of hirens - I*do*  have to be
>> aware of security. I'm still thinking of wine.
>
> Hirens has been around for quite a while, and gets updated
> periodically.     its a all-in-one CD or USB boot full of mostly open
> source tools, can boot into memtest86, a linux kernel/shell/gui
> environment, or into a 'bartPE' mini-XP environment.  freedos too, I
> think.
<snip>
Interesting. I need to look at them further.

HOWEVER: I saw something there about unpacking an .exe... and googled
that, and found someone talking about doing that... which led me to
cabextract, and, sure 'nough, I now have what was in that exe - flat
files, CD, floppy! even a WinDoze floppy label printer!

Now all I have to do is figure out which will be easiest to use - I'm
hoping I can just copy the flat files or the floppy files, or USB files,
and reboot into freedos and go.

         mark