[CentOS] Looking for a CentOS-friendly online backup company

Fri May 10 21:49:06 UTC 2013
Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca>

On 05/10/2013 05:46 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 10.05.2013 23:41, schrieb Digimer:
>> Because CentOS works just fine for them. They've used it going back to
>> CentOS 4 days without issue. Suggesting they rebuild long-in-production
>> servers for the sake of a backup company is not going to fly.
>
> who needs to rebuild?
> replace the release-packages and you are mostly done
>
> that is what "binary compatible" means
> the only changes in CentOS are release name and logos / trademarks
>
>> That it is someone else's money doesn't change my responsibility to
>> deliver the best bang for the buck
>
> that is a differnet story as above
>
> after years of expierience i would recommend let them alone
> in case of service you can and will not provide at your own
> because you will be resposible for any mistake from the
> customers point of view becasue you recommended whatever

As I mentioned initially; We don't do backups and we don't want to do
it, either. That said, it's a service our clients are (strongly) asking
for.

We're not looking for a company to simply recommend, but one to partner
with or become a reseller of. The goal is that the client maintains a
single point of contact, us, and we pay a proper backup company for the
support and service.

--
Digimer
access to education?