[CentOS] Looking for a CentOS-friendly online backup company

Sat May 11 05:37:44 UTC 2013
Arun Khan <knura9 at gmail.com>

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 12:25 AM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

> <shakes head> I once started a support call with Sun/Oracle *shudder*, and
> the engineer got all huffy, they didn't support CentOS (it was a hardware
> problem), and he obviously didn't know anything about it. I escalated, and
> got another engineer (and the story goes downhill from there).

It is a similar experience with Intel, Dell, ...
The OS is not on their compatible list?  Sorry can't help you, never
mind it is a hardware problem.

Whenever there is hardware problem, I play dumb and 'do' whatever they
ask me to do and report failure for each operation. Eventually I get a
RMA number.

<anecdote>
I run a small time consulting operation and this is the kind of flack
I get.   It is just not Linux.
On an Intel S3000AH board, certified for Windows 2003 server, I was
told that Windows 2008 server was not supported.
</anecdote>

--
Arun Khan
Sent from my non-iphone/non-android device