[CentOS] 6.4 on old PC not connecting

Sun May 19 18:36:57 UTC 2013
Beartooth <beartooth at comcast.net>

On Sun, 19 May 2013 10:54:17 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:

> On Sun, 19 May 2013 15:46:20 +0000 (UTC)
> Beartooth wrote:
>
>> 	OK, I got lots of output from ifconfig, and tons from /var/log/
>> messages; so what should I look for??
>
> (a) Post the output from ifconfig
>
> (b) type this:
>
> tail -f /var/log/messages
>
> (c) Now tell networkmanager to connect.
>
> (d) Post everything that shows up from that point until the connection
> attempt fails.

	Remember the problem machine can't even send *me* things over my
LAN; what's more, I don't seem to see an app for writing them to a CD and
sneaker-mailing them to myself.

	Hi-yi-yippee-ki-yay! I did ps ax|grep networkmanager ; got a
process number; killed it; and wonder of wonders, it put itself online.

	I launched firefox, opened a tab to weather, and got today's
data ; so it really is online!

	Many many thanks!!

Remember I have precious (very precious!) little idea where up is.