[CentOS] ReiserFS - status?

Tue May 21 12:30:06 UTC 2013
Rainer Duffner <rainer at ultra-secure.de>

Am Tue, 21 May 2013 14:11:31 +0200
schrieb Rafał Radecki <radecki.rafal at gmail.com>:

> Hi All.
>
> What is the status of ReiserFS in CentOS at the moment? I have some
> servers which use it as a loadable kernel module. I am thinking about
> a filesystem for database systems and would like to know if ReiserFS
> will be maintained in CentOS/Linux kernel in the future?

The author and primary developer of the filesystem has some legal
troubles and does not have an internet-connection at the moment, AFAIK.
Describing the filesystem (and its author's) future as "bleak" wouldn't
be an understatement IMO.

<Insert inappropriate word-plays and connotations here>

Is your use-case so extreme that the filesystem actually matters?
It's not 2001 anymore.