[CentOS] CentOS source rpm repository setup

Wed May 22 17:42:36 UTC 2013

On 05/22/2013 08:40 AM, Toralf Lund wrote:
> I was just going to say that a problem with vault is that you have to
> update the repository location every time the "minor" version number
> changes. We really want repositories like vault.centos.org/6/os/Source
> and vault.centos.org/6/updates/Source. Unless, that is, we can somehow
> get yum to set up a variable containing a "full" version number like 6.4.

Because of what and how the /X/ release symlinks work - that url style
isnt going to work either. It might beed to be a
vault.centos.org/centos/6-sources/ to include the entire distro stuff.
Which in turn might just be a meta repo, with urls pointing to the
'usual and normal' paths.

Let me look at whats involved to make that happen and we can get a
testing repo online; I then need to get something similar up for the
yum-security infra to work against the binary rpms side of things ( but
is a bigger fish to fry )

Regards

--
Karanbir Singh