[CentOS] Frustrated. Java on Centos 6 doesn't give an error message when downloading from a Samsung Galaxy S3

Fri May 24 16:56:04 UTC 2013
Farkas Levente <lfarkas at lfarkas.org>

On 05/24/2013 05:03 PM, Craig White wrote:
> MTP doesn't work all that well on Linux even when it works.
>
> The real easy and best solution is 'Wifi File Explorer' which runs a web server on your phone which you can access from the desktop computer and transfer files & folders between them. I use Fedora for desktop system and I definitely still use Wifi File Explorer.
>
> I think most people are using cloud storage with the smart phones these days and that makes for tepid enthusiasm for attempting to maintain any type of synchronization between a single desktop system and the smart phone. The cloud or running Wifi File Explorer on your smart phone becomes a solution that allows you to add other computers and devices into the equation at any time.

gphoto package in rhel/centos is way too old. unfortunately gnome use
gvfs-gphoto2 libgphoto2 to handle automount both for mtp and ptp. so
you're not able to use it what's more it's better to remove gvfs-gphoto.
on the other hand if you rebuild: libmtp and simple-mtpfs from fedora,
them it'll work on rhel/centos-6 too.