[CentOS] Run multiple instance of apache

Mon May 27 09:09:55 UTC 2013
Rainer Duffner <rainer at ultra-secure.de>

Am Mon, 27 May 2013 08:15:52 +0000
schrieb "HAJJ CHEHADE, Ahmad" <ahmad.hajj-chehade at capgemini.com>:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I am trying to run 2 instances of apache on centos since 2 weeks with
> no lucks :S, exactly on the same IP address but different port. I've
> set up two configuration as follow: /etc/httpd and /etc/httpd2, and I
> duplicated the httpd service, so now I have 2 httpd service each one
> run an httpd conf.

Try to follow this

http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/RunningMultipleApacheInstances

FreeBSD has support for this out of the box.

You might want to take a look at how exactly FreeBSD handles the
configuration.
You will most likely also need to specify different log-, lock- and
pid-files/paths.

I've done it on FreeBSD and it works like a charm.

Regards,
Rainer