[CentOS] how to find unknown ip address?

Wed May 29 02:04:05 UTC 2013
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 08:54:03PM -0400, SilverTip257 wrote:
> On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 6:38 PM, Kahlil Hodgson <
> kahlil.hodgson at dealmax.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Also the arpwatch program might help if you are trying to track down
> > mysterious devices popping up on your network.
> >

> +1 for arpwatch
>
> You beat me to mentioning it. ;)

<snip>

> > On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 8:14 AM, Kahlil Hodgson <
> > kahlil.hodgson at dealmax.com.au> wrote:
> >
> > > Running 'arp -n' on a machine that you think might receive packets from
> > > the unknown host might also do the job.

<snip>

Perhaps a stupid idea: I didn't see where the OP indicated they did not
know which physical machine this is, but I understood it to be unknown
on the network.

So, if I"m right, just go to the machine and do ifconfig or similar.

Or if I'm wrong, just pretend I didn't say this! :)