[CentOS] Newby using IntelR1304BB Need help with installing 6.4

Thu May 30 17:05:19 UTC 2013

Norman Schklar wrote:
> Norm Schklar
> On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 11:41 AM, <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>> Norman Schklar wrote:
>> > mark wrote
>> > Norm Schklar
>> <snip>
<snip>

>> > Yes it makes sense.  But it came configured for Raid 10 2 ea 2 terabye
>> > drives. Centos 6.4 doesn't recognize any drive..
>>
>> Does the system have other drives than the RAID? You mention it booting
>> -
>> you *are* aware that with RAID 10, you'll have something like 1.6TB
>> usable, right?
>
> I am aware of the 1.6tb.
> Only the four 1tb drives + DVD
> But I want to just stop the Raid all together.  Looking for the "how to"
> turn off raid on boot.

Ah, NOW the light dawns. You're going to *adore* the answer (not!): break
the RAID, and make each individual drive a logical drive, and I think
you'll be forced to tell it  RAID 0. That's the only way I know of.

        mark