[CentOS] Newby using IntelR1304BB Need help with installing 6.4

Thu May 30 21:06:23 UTC 2013
Norman Schklar <norman at schklar.com>

Norm Schklar

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:

> On 5/30/2013 9:18 AM, Norman Schklar wrote:
> > I am aware of the 1.6tb.
> > Only the four 1tb drives + DVD
> > But I want to just stop the Raid all together.  Looking for the "how to"
> > turn off raid on boot.
>
> you need to know WHICH LSI logic raid controller this system has before
> you can get a straight answer.   the Megaraid 924x/926x/927x/928x stuff
> is way different than the 920x/921x HBA stuff or the 97xx 3Ware based
> stuff.  like, COMPLETELY different. megaraid in particular is a pain to
> configure but performs quite well.
>
> if its megaraid, they have an AWFUL 'web' style GUI in the BIOS, or a
> megacli command line which is nearly as awful.   in either one, you'd
> need to DELETE the existing raid10 logical drive, then use the command
> or gui to 'convert all unassigned drives to JBOD', which is something
> like...
>
> megacli> cfgeachdskraid0a0
>
> (where a0 is controller 0)
>
> --
> john r pierce                                      37N 122W
> somewhere on the middle of the left coast

I pulled 3 of 4 drives.  Restarted and it's loading Centos.  Now I need to
know how to setup the Linux Raid.
Do I finish a complete server setup then modify the software raid, or do I
need to do it on the front end?

Thanks for the help.
Norm