[CentOS] Frustrated. Java on Centos 6 doesn't give an error message when downloading from a Samsung Galaxy S3

Fri May 31 18:50:03 UTC 2013
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 5/31/2013 11:34 AM, Rock wrote:
> In summary, the solution to transferring files by wire from
> the Samsung Galaxy S3 (and other Android 4.x phones) is to
> switch the smartphone from MTP mode to PTP mode.
>
> The key question left, is whether we should switch the
> phone back to MTP mode when done; or if it's OK to just
> leave Android phones in PTP mode forever.

that setting only affects how the device presents itself to a USB host,
it otherwise does nothing.   so leave it in the mode you want the USB
connection to operate in.