[CentOS] zimbra test

Wes James comptekki at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 16:46:52 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Bart Schaefer <barton.schaefer at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 9:21 AM, Wes James <comptekki at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Why does
> > removing postfix remove these others.  cron and the others are dependent
> on
> > having postfix?  Seems odd if they are.
>
> They are dependent on having a local SMTP server, for example cron
> requires one to send email containing the stderr output of (presumably
> failed) jobs.  If the zimbra packages declare the appropriate
> provides, you should be able to re-install cron et al. after
> installing zimbra.

I see that from the previous email.  I have been reinstalling them and then
checking to see how to keep postfix from starting.  After installing
cronie, etc. back, postfix was installed.  I did postfix stop, but it said
it was not running.  I'll have to look in the start up and see if it is set
to start on reboot.

Thanks,

-wes