[CentOS] yum update --skip-broken failure

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Mon Nov 4 16:58:43 UTC 2013

Keep in mind that --skip-broken lets you bypass a problem, but the problem
still exists. If you miss enough updates, you will get breakage.

If you have conflicting repositories enabled that cause --skip-broken to be
needed and you use it regularly, you're asking for problems.

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 8:36 AM, ken <gebser at mousecar.com> wrote:

> Though I've used it countless times in the past, "yum update
> --skip-broken" doesn't work anymore... it doesn't skip over updates
> which have dependency problems.  Is this a known issue?  Is there a
> work-around for it?  Has anyone else experienced this?
>
> tnx.

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary
act.
George Orwell